Yale University will be organising the â€śYale Food Systems Symposiumâ€ť, to take place 18-19 October 2013 at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
The symposium addresses the complex ecological and socio-economic processes of food production, consumption, climate change and rapid urbanisation.
The conveners are now calling for abstracts and workshop proposals before 01 July 2013 on these topics:
- Climate change and the food system
- Urbanisation, land use change, and food systems planning
- Politics, policies, and governance across scales
- Agricultural biodiversity and issues of genetic property
- Sustainable intensification, multi-functional agriculture
- Urban-rural linkages
- Public and market-based approaches to regulating the food system
- Alternative food networks
- The right to food, food justice, and food sovereignty movements
- Industrial ecology approaches to food systems analysis
- Sustainable diets and assessing and forecasting nutrition trends
- Sustainable supply chains
- University-community partnerships
Please visit the official symposium website for more information.