Elsevier, in partnership with European Society for Agronomy and Wageningen University, will be organising the “First International Conference on Global Food Security“, from 29 September to 2 October 2013 in Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands.
The conference aims to address the issues of food production, access, and the trade-offs between competing environmental, economic or social objectives.
The conveners are now calling for abstract submission for oral and poster presentations before 10 May 2013 on these topics:
- Global and local analyses of food security
- Enabling policies for local and global food security
- Sustainable intensification of food production systems
- Novel ways of feeding 9 billion people
- Learning from the past to understand the future
- Land sparing, land sharing and trade-offs
- Agricultural production as feedstock for renewables
- Lost harvest and wasted food
- Nutritional security
- Labelling, certifying and striving for quality and sustainability of food production
Please visit the official conference website for more information.